Saturday, April 11, 2015

Did someone say Burger?

Hamburger.
Cheeseburger.
Bacon Burger.
Double BBQ Burger.
Burger. Burger. Burger.

Ok I got that out of my system! I don't know about you but I am always up for a stellar burger. I like them made with beef, turkey, chicken, pork and any combination of those listed meats. There is this place in San Diego, and they grind up the bacon, too...Oh.Em.Gee. they are so stinking good! I have to figure out how. In the meantime, I want to share an oldie recipe of mine I think you'll enjoy!

 

Blue Cheese and Bacon Burger Belt


Ingredients

2 pkg refrigerated crescent roll                            
1 lb ground beef                            
1/4 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1-1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles                            
1 medium sliced onion, caramelized                            

Directions                       

Cook beef until crumbled and no longer pink. Drain and mix with bacon, set aside.
 
(NOTE: when following this step, do it on the cooking surface - I use my pizza stone, but make sure you do this part ON the surface that is going in the oven!)
Arrange crescent rolls in a circle with the wide ends overlapping leaving a 5 inch diameter opening in the center.
(the wide ends will overlap on the outer corners and the pointy side will point outwards)
 
Scoop beef & bacon into the widest end of each triangle being sure each triangle has equal amounts of mixture. Place onion over beef mixture and sprinkle blue cheese over that.
 
Bring the points up and over the mixture and tuck under the center of the ring. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until deep golden brown.            
Cut into 8 servings.
 
If you are having trouble following the folding, you can see pictures here: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/other-main-course/blue-cheese-bacon-burger-belt.html?p=2
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment