Saturday, April 11, 2015

Savory Breakfast Bread-Easy Like Sunday Morning, On Saturday!

Ahh...Saturday Morning. The one day of the week we don't have anywhere to be (most of the time). I love sleeping in until whenever I like 6:30AM.
This morning I crept around the kitchen with a box of baking mix in hand trying to think up a delicious alternative to our usual Eggs with cheese and Sausage breakfast. I don't know what came over me, but I wanted to make something yum for the family this morning.
I came up with something easy and delish! I'll call it...Savory Breakfast Bread. Served with eggs, it made the perfect Saturday morning breakfast.
This bread is savory and wonderfully moist. There is no need for buttering this bread! The recipe is easy and quick to prep.

Savory Breakfast Bread

Ingredients:

2 cups baking mix
2/3 cups almond milk (or regular milk)
2 tablespoons melted butter (or margarine)
1 Sausage Link (bratwurst size), I used Trader Joe's Sweet Basil Pesto Smoked Chicken and Turkey Sausage
3 Premade Meatballs, I used Aidells Italian Style with Mozzarella Cheese Chicken Meatballs
1 Generous handful shredded cheese
1 palm-full Shaved Parmesan Cheese
1/3 Cup Chopped Green Onion

Directions:

Preheat Oven to 450.
Mix together baking mix, milk, and butter. Set aside.
Cut sausage link in half, lengthwise. Then each half in half, lengthwise again. Then cut into pieces.
Cut Meatball into quarters.
Add meat, cheeses and onion to batter and stir until well blended.
Pour mixture into a silicone (I love these because I don't need extra fat to grease the pan with) bread pan.
Bake for 35-40 minutes, until sharp knife comes out "clean" (the cheese will leave some residue on knife, but the batter shouldn't be seen).
Slice and Enjoy with eggs, if desired.





No comments:

Post a Comment