Wednesday, March 18, 2015

I recently decided to shed some pounds. I've been struggling with my weight for a couple years now...after marriage (sound familiar?). I need to drop massive pounds! So I have found these wonderful supplements (all natural and safe...no yucky stimulants) that have helped me jump start the weight loss. I have lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks. 8 pounds was lost in my first 8 days. I have been creating lots of yummy, whole food recipes and am loving this journey...something that is not always easy to say when loosing weight.
Yesterday was a cheat day for me. I was craving something sweet, but sugary foods do not appeal to me any longer. I created this wonderfully creamy and decadent ice cream. It was simple; real foods seem to be more simple, don't they! Follow along with me on my journey!

Vegan Coconut Cacao Ice Cream

With only 5 ingredients and no need for an ice cream maker, you're going to fall in love with this creamy and delicious treat!

Ingredients

1 can full fat coconut milk
1/4 cup cacao nibs
1 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. agave nectar
1 tsp vanilla

Directions

1. Place coconut milk and cacao nibs in a medium saucepan. Bring just to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and allow the cacao to infuse for 10 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
2. While the cacao is infusing, add the honey and agave toward the end of the process.
3. Strain the mixture over a blender. Add back only 1 tbsp of the nibs to the blender along with the vanilla. Blend the mixture until the nibs are tiny.
4. Pour the mixture into a small, parchment lined casserole dish. DO NOT pour into the dish without the parchment, it will stick and you'll be sad. :-(
5. Put the mixture into the freezer for about 30 minutes. Stir and return to the freezer for another 30 minutes. Freeze again until your desired consistency is reached.











If you are interested in learning how I'm losing weight and feeling great visit this site. I love questions, so ask away! Make sure you enter my name: Melissa Baldan so I can get you the information you need!
http://xyng-one.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment