Sunday, March 22, 2015

Honestly. for me, the hardest part of dieting is missing the crunch of a crispy potato chip. Now, I've given up sugar AND salt (as much as possible). So what's a girl to do when she wants a crunchy chip but no salt? Well, she makes her own. I've been working on a yummy Kale Chip so good that I won't miss the salt. I came up with these and they, truly, are delish.

Crispy Crunchy Kale Chips

Ingredients

1 Bag of prewashed Kale or 1 head of Kale
2 TBSP Coconut oil
2 TBSP no salt seasonings blend (like Mrs. Dash). I like to mix 2 flavors.

Directions

If using a head of kale, wash well, cut ribs off and cut into chip size pieces.
Lay kale on a towel and let it air dry. Be sure most of the water is gone.
Preheat oven to 300.
Place kale in a large mixing bowl, drizzle coconut oil over the kale. Toss to coat the kale. Sprinkle salt free seasoning and toss to coat, again.
Spread kale in a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake at 300 for about 10 minutes. Turn over, as much as possible, and continue cooking for about 7 minutes or until as crispy as you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment