Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Wash that Funk Right Out of My Hair

As promised I will share my homemade recipes for personal care products. Now, to be honest I had to tweak other recipes because I had to be certain the ingredient list was small, too big usually equals complicated. I hate complicated! And, long lists also (usually) mean pricey. I'm pretty frugal so I'm not about to create some shampoo that costs $20/bottle. Mine ended up costing about $8 for 1 1/2 months worth. So, pretty reasonable!

So I'll start with my easiest personal care products...Shampoo and Rinse!


Splendid Shampoo and Simple Rinse

My daughter and I tried the “no-poo” method and it turns out it really just isn't for everyone. Our hair was very oily and just gross. No amount of waiting was going to help. I just love what I came up with. The shampoo smells yummy, but leaves hair feeling a bit like straw. However, the rinse is perfect to counter that. When you are done with this two part process your hair is clean and silky soft. And, I actually have body. My hair has never had body.
Shampoo

1 cup Pure Castile Liquid Soap (I like Dr. Bronner's Almond)
1 cup canned coconut milk (I used organic BPA-free)

Rinse

2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1 cup water


To make shampoo mix soap and coconut milk together and pour into a pump bottle. Give a quick, gentile shake before each use.
To make rinse add both ingredients to a spray bottle.
To Use: Wet hair and use 1-4 pumps to wash hair. Rinse well. Follow up with an all over spray of the vinegar mixture. Allow the rinse to sit for a few minutes and rinse well.



No comments:

Post a Comment